Re: Re: How about the war of 1812

  • Paul W. Schulz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
      Does any one know (Without getting into a nationlstic pissing match) when
      or were the US regulars wore white leathers. I got a set for about, well
      nothing and I think they look cool as hell with the blues but I do not know
      when they wore them and without ammo I cannot ask my unit to wear them once
      in a while

      > Dave Bosse

      They were regulation, but almost never a reality. Harness leather was the
      most common material used in the belting of US Troops. Some commanders
      actually went so far as to have their men white wash the black belting but
      this was rare and probably didn't achieve the desired look.
      Lt. Paul W. Schulz
      4th US Rt. of Inf.
      Snelling's Co., Commanding