Longwoods

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 50 , Mar 19, 2012
      This is a reminder to all group leaders, merchants, vendors, participants
      and anybody going to Longwoods.

      Please have whoever in your unit is responsible for registration, send to
      Longwoods, your Registration..!

      What we need is:

      1) A list of all the current 2012 members of your group (your person
      responsible for sending names to the NFA will have this)

      2) Your group's insurance policy information

      3) A rough estimate of the numbers of people attending

      Please send to: <mailto:utmrs@...> utmrs@...

      For anybody that has never been to Longwoods, check out our website at:
      <http://www.royal-scots.com/id5.html> http://www.royal-scots.com/id5.html

      The reason we ask for a list of all your members and not just those people
      attending, is to simplify our onsite registration process and to save the
      environment. Yes, not just our hackles on top of our shakos are green!

      When you show up at Longwoods, just say what group you belong to, we check
      the master sheet for your group to make sure you are on it (and thus
      insured), then you just sign your name. This way we can make sure that
      everybody who shows up, actually belongs to the group that they say they do.

      For anybody who doesn't have insurance, then we can provide it for you for
      the weekend at a minimal cost, payable when you arrive.

      Mark Dickerson

      PS: Don't forget the Battle of the Thames in 2013

    • Grenzer7
      Message 50 of 50 , May 6, 2014
        Let me add a congratulations and a thank you to the organizers of the
        Longwoods event. We enjoyed it and wished more people had come out to
        join either as reenactors or spectators. This was a great start to the
        season!

        John Goldsworthy
        Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry
        (The King's Company of Historical Reenactors)