Re: Uniform of the New England Militias

  • CaptainFisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
      Dear John and fellow List Members,

      Saundra Altman of Past Patterns (in partnership with members of the 1st Regiment Volunteers) has created a pattern for individuals or groups interested in crafting an early uniform of the volunteer companies of the Federalist era (Circa 1806-1815). Although based on New York,Connecticut and other New England militias, the cut, detailing and choice of fabric colors can make this garment easy to customize. This pattern is new and is not yet posted to Past Patterns website, but can be ordered directly from PP by writing to: merchant@...

      I don't know what the exact price point is at this time.
      A PDF of the pattern cover has been uploaded to the files section of this Yahoo group.

      Regards
      Craig Fisher
      1st Regiment Volunteers
      www.firstregiment.com

      > What were the uniforms of the militias of the New England states during the war?
    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
        Mr. Fischer, thank you very much for the link and information (:

        Any other information? I could'nt find anything usefull even on google books or at the images of the "les uniformes de la guerre de 1812" blog...
      • schuylerfurniture
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
          Check out Rene' Chartrand's "A Most Warlike Appearance," it has a 60-page chapter on the uniforms of the state militias.
          http://www.servicepub.com/1812.html