1812 Re: Southern Militias during the War - SC

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
      Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...
      As to my intentions, I'm an amateur uniformologist, and I would like to, in the future, create free uniform guides based on the information I gathered. Here is an example of some templatesI have worked on, based on information I got at the South and Central American Wars group, depicting haitian troops of the XIX Century:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40388112@N07/sets/72157629510136565/with/6952373945/
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John" <flokuscbs@...> wrote:

        > Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...

        Try his publisher:

        http://servicepub.com/

        The British uniforms edition has sold out and seems to be heading for reprint

        I see both volumes coming up for sale regularly on eBay.

        Good luck!

        Tom