Re: Southern Militias during the War - SC

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
      Thanks guys! (: If anybody has any other information about the militias of those states, please post here.
    • Mark Bradford
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
        What about those two books by Rene Chartrand? Would they be any good to you!

        With Regards

        Mark

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
          What are you doing with the info? Are you writing a book, or putting
          together a Regiment or Event? You name doesn't give us much info regarding
          your home area or purpose. Thanks for expounding

          bob

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
            Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...
            As to my intentions, I'm an amateur uniformologist, and I would like to, in the future, create free uniform guides based on the information I gathered. Here is an example of some templatesI have worked on, based on information I got at the South and Central American Wars group, depicting haitian troops of the XIX Century:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/40388112@N07/sets/72157629510136565/with/6952373945/
          • tom4141fournier
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John" <flokuscbs@...> wrote:

              > Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...

              Try his publisher:

              http://servicepub.com/

              The British uniforms edition has sold out and seems to be heading for reprint

              I see both volumes coming up for sale regularly on eBay.

              Good luck!

              Tom