Re: Southern Militias during the War - SC

  • awhitelion2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2012
      GA militia fought in the Creek War and got into at least one pretty tough little battle[IIRC!]. Check Chartrand's most recent book on the US uniform and equipment. He has a lot on all of the states' militias.

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John" <flokuscbs@...> wrote:

      > Thank you very much guys! Any clues about the Georgia Militia?

    • John
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
        Thanks guys! (: If anybody has any other information about the militias of those states, please post here.
      • Mark Bradford
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
          What about those two books by Rene Chartrand? Would they be any good to you!

          With Regards

          Mark

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
            What are you doing with the info? Are you writing a book, or putting
            together a Regiment or Event? You name doesn't give us much info regarding
            your home area or purpose. Thanks for expounding

            bob

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
              Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...
              As to my intentions, I'm an amateur uniformologist, and I would like to, in the future, create free uniform guides based on the information I gathered. Here is an example of some templatesI have worked on, based on information I got at the South and Central American Wars group, depicting haitian troops of the XIX Century:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/40388112@N07/sets/72157629510136565/with/6952373945/
            • tom4141fournier
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John" <flokuscbs@...> wrote:

                > Were can I find the Rene Chartrand books? I looked on amazon, but they seem to be unavailable...

                Try his publisher:

                http://servicepub.com/

                The British uniforms edition has sold out and seems to be heading for reprint

                I see both volumes coming up for sale regularly on eBay.

                Good luck!

                Tom