Boston Bicentennial Event Aug 17-19 invite

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012
      Greetings,

      The USS Constitution 1812 Marine Guard extends an invitation to your living history organization to take part in a commemoration of the War of 1812 and Guerriere Day in Boston the weekend of August 17, 18, 19, 2012. The event will be centered in and around the Charlestown Navy Yard portion of the Boston National Historic Park.

      Events to participate in include:

      · US Navy Sunset Parade

      · Tactical Demonstration (off NPS property)

      · Period Drill Demonstrations

      · Period Encampment

      · Commemorative Memorial Service

      A more detailed schedule will be forthcoming to those who plan on participating.

      Straw, firewood, firepits, sanitation facilities and powder will be provided. We have also secured a very limited number of hotel accommodations at a special rate at a hotel that will be a 3 minute walk from the encampments. Please let us know if anyone is interested in securing one of the rooms.

      Other amenities we hope to offer depend upon the number of people who wish to participate.

      If your organization or any individuals from your organization are interested in attending please let us know. You can contact us at our website, 1812marines(dot)org or email me off list.

      Please note that this is a statement of interest only. More detailed documents and info will be sent for units who decide to participate.

      All the best
      YHOS
      Colin Murphy
      USS CON 1812 MG