Re: Religion in War of 1812

  • fredbriggsca
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2012
      Sorry:
      I knew when I posted it that it was likely to be removed as early as Saturday, but when I finally went to bed last night the moderator hadn't put it up yet so I couldn't check it. This morning I tried it and it didn't work, and I saw these 3 messages.
      I spent a long time comparing your link with mine, and finally found my error. The link was at the end of the sentence, and the period had been added to the link after html. (Like that!)
      But I still know that it won't remain up there very long, so I have since copied it all, including the picture but not the embedded links, as a .doc file. I could post it as a doc file, rtf, or pdf.
      Would the moderator please let me know which, and how I attach it. I suppose then when the paper takes it down it would be time for another posting to direct our members to the copy. How do I go about attaching the copy to a posting?

      Fred
    • James Yaworsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2012
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "fredbriggsca" <fredbriggs@...> wrote:
        [snip] I still know that it won't remain up there very long, so I have since copied it all, including the picture but not the embedded links, as a .doc file. I could post it as a doc file, rtf, or pdf.
        > Would the moderator please let me know which, and how I attach it. I suppose then when the paper takes it down it would be time for another posting to direct our members to the copy. How do I go about attaching the copy to a posting?
        >
        > Fred

        Attachments to messages are not allowed in this group as they are too much of a spam threat. Most members are "unmoderated" and the first we find out that their email as been spoofed etc is usually in a message from the culprit. If attachments were allowed, that message might have nasty stuff in it. I've been considering making the default group messages setting as being "moderated" but that does slow things down.

        For the past few months, I've been putting formerly unmoderated members on to "moderated" status if they post a message that is replying to someone else's post and the reply has not been trimmed properly. I hope digest readers have noticed the change? It's another reason to go "moderated" as the default setting. After ten-plus years of occasionally (and always unsuccessfully) begging people to properly trim replies, this seemed the easiest way to "solve" the problem.

        Files can be uploaded in to the "files" section at the group's website at Yahoo Groups quite easily. I believe any type of file can be uploaded.

        Jim Yaworsky
        Moderator
      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2012
          This is a very interesting topic, upon which I have written and lectured much. Gord Heath has just had an article published in "Ontario History" on Baptists during the War of 1812. His PhD student, Jamie Robertson, is a goldmine of information on the topic - it is his PhD dissertation topic.It is also an underrated topic, which deserves much mor exposure in the history of the war of 1812.Ray Hobbs

          To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          From: annbwass@...
          Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 05:49:48 -0500
          Subject: Re: Religion in War of 1812

          Sorry--found it--it was 2-18.

          See if this link works.

          http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/life/faith/preaching-helped-fuel-war-of-1812-139567623.html

          Ann Wass

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2012
            Ray,

            Is there a link to an online version of Gord Heath's article?

            Frank Sgromolo
            Graduate Student - Regent University School of Government
          • Ray Hobbs
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2012
              No, Frank. Unfortunately, the journal "Ontario History" does not put current issues on line. I think there is about a two to three year gap.Ray
            • HQ93rd@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2012
                http://www.facebook.com/groups/148662101867458/
                http://www.facebook.com/events/269253716455600/

                The official Anza Peninsular Campaign of 2012 will be held on May 4, 5 & 6.

                Registration forms will be ready next week. Unit leaders prepare your troops accordingly to get those forms in on time! We are working this year to have an electronic method of submission, as well as using the time tested postal system. The registration deadline will be April 13th, 2012 for both methods.

                Note:
                http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/events/Anza%20faq.htm (this page has NOT been updated yet.)

                93rd SHRoFLHU
                THE Thin Red Line