RE: Translation

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2000
      Larry,

      Thanks for the translation! Here in western Missouri we don't get much
      Canadian history in school and so I ,for one, had no clue! Living at
      the end of the world (in 1812 any way), the majority of the war was in
      areas that I am unfamiliar with. Saw Ft. McHenry wile I wa in the
      Army(1967) and have been to Prairie du Chein a couple of times,
      Mississenawa and New Orleans ie; Chalmette, but I have never made it to
      any of the Great Lakes sites.

      It's a real long drive to get to the events that you all have been
      talking about. I would really like to get up to your area but don't
      have anybody in this area that has the time and desire to make the trip
      with me.

      Regards,

      Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
        Bob:
        Some of our subscribers forget that we have people on this list from around the world and when we say we are going to the Thamesville Event they have no idea where it is, so we should give a reference point for them.

        I had the same problem as you when I joined the Rev (1776) time period, as well as the Napoleonic, all the events seem to be 12 plus hours away.
        You just have to recruit someone who has,
        a full time job,
        has enough money to change his mind,
        owns a car and has a valid drivers licence,
        and is the same sexual persuasion as you........
        then just pick the dates, events, and destinations and away you go!

        C'mon over the Great Lakes Basin, you'll love it..
        some damn fine units and events over here!

        From: dancingbobd@...
        Thanks for the translation!... in western Missouri we don't get much
        Canadian history ............. I have never made it to any of the Great
        Lakes sites....don't have anybody ...to make the trip with me.