Re: 1812 Re: If the Battle of New Orleans had turned out different

  • Gerard DeLos Reyes
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2012
      I believe you maybe wrong...when the British came to take New Orleans, if they had won the Battle of New Orleans. My premise is they would've stayed, my reasoning is, they came with an Armade of 64 ships and enough troops (including summer troops i.e Royal West Indians regiments) to garrison the city and enough adminstrators to run the city...of course they may be looting...but, I believe and many down here believe they would've rewritten the american history... They would've taken the mississippi and held it for many years. The Treaty of Ghent would certainly not be honored by the British--irregardless what the contents were and what it said.....but all this is hypthoical ...