WarOf1812 group message archives

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Gallen" asks:
      > Are these postings achieved so that we can access them without keeping them in the in-box?

      Yes, they are. If you go to the yahoo groups website
      and to the Warof1812 specific webpage,

      groups.yahoo.com/group/WarOf1812

      you will see the archives. A few of the most recent messages are visible. At the bottom of the page is a "chart" that shows how many messages were posted in any given month. Clicking on the number brings you to the start of the month. On the left side of the page is a list of hot links. The first is "home" which brings you back to the home page of the group. The second is "messages" which again will bring up the message archives, in chronological order starting with the most recent message at the top.

      The message archives is searchable. The search is based largely on the "subject" line so that is why it is important to put as accurate a "subject" on messages as possible. At one point, the search was based solely on what the "subject lines" had but it seems technology has advanced and at least some of the text of messages is being searched as well. As you will see, there are many thousands of messages in the archives. Some of them are stinkers, and some of them are gems...

      The next link is "files" - there are files containing various bits of information on the website that you might want to check out. The next link after that is "photos", which is pretty much self-explanatory.

      It is also worth noting that some people get messages from this group as individual messages. Some get them as a daily digest (roughly, in blocks of up to 25 messages, in chronological order by "subject" line). But many members don't get emails at all. They just go to the website every now and then and check out what's been going on.

      Regards

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator