Re: [1812CrownForces] April School

  • Iain Burns
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2012
      Sir,

      Thanks for the clarification, but there are also some units within the forces that are commanded by Privates... namely No 3 (Centre) Coy, 1st Royal Scots. We currently have 4 men fully kitted who regularly attend events, and since we are privileged to be allowed to fall in under the command of the 1st Lights at many of them, I do not see the need for higher rank. Hopefully that will change in the near future as recruiting bounties are increased.

      That said, two of us Royal Hatmen did go up to the school a few years ago and found it a very worthwhile experience. We only wish it was closer to where we are based so that we could come up ever year rather than once every few years. Since we are too far away to come every year, we have been thankful to those who sent us copies of the proceedings.

      Aye,
      Iain, "Senior Private"
      No 3 (Centre) Coy
      1st Royal Scots
      (Hoping to have the numbers to make Corporal this year?)