RE: 1812 American military boot buttons

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2012
      Perhaps I'm missing some elementary point, but why should boots have any buttons on them? Perhaps you mean gaiters?

      Are the two buttons shown in the upper left corner shoe/boot buttons? They are pewter, cone-shaped, and 11 mm in diameter. They are from an American War of 1812 military post. Also, how many buttons did the typical American military boot contain?