Re: War of 1812 in Canadian magazines

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
      I've read both Rob. Very good!
      Although I expected more "meat" in the Cdn Geog. article.

      "Legion Magazine" highlights events connected to the articles inside the magazine on it's back page. The Battle of Ogdensburg is given good coverage as the February destination for 1812 events to visit.
      Unfortunately, after what? 20 odd years of holding the Battle on the 3rd weekend of February, it has been changed - with little fanfare - to the last weekend of that month. BUT, the magazine still has the old date.

      The perils of changing the date of a well established event. :-(

      See you in Guelph!

      Sue Too