Re: 1812 Re: January 3, 1815, New Orleans

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      Nah, he just used chicory drinkin', tobacco chewin' good 'ol boys to best the
      big red machine.  Isn't that what the songs and movies tell us?

      Seriously, I don't think there is any intent to slight the regulars, who drew
      from the 18 states and diverse backgrounds to fill the ranks.  My guess is they
      are just pointing out the varied mass/mess of men that Jackson turned into an
      army.  By sheer force of will in some cases.  A less dynamic general wouldn't
      have been able to hold it together IMHO.

      Michael

      No act of kindness, however small is ever wasted. -- Aesop