Reenactor Wanted For Community Service Project

  • palarso
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
      Hi All,

      I got this forum address from someone at the Jefferson Park Museum in
      Southern Maryland as a possible resource for finding someone who might be interested in hearing what I'm proposing. If you have a moment I would be grateful if you might consider the following:

      ***********************************
      As you know this is the 200th anniversary of the start of the War of
      1812. It also happens to be the 100th anniversary of the founding of
      the Girl Scouts in the USA. For this reason I am putting together a
      community service project on the War of 1812 for my daughters local
      girl scout council. My plan is to present five evenings sometime
      during the month of February at scout troop meetings near Catonsville
      where we live (Catonsville is just southwest of Baltimore, Maryland).
      The presentations will be on the battle of North Point and are planned
      to last about twenty minutes. I will get our local newspaper to cover
      the events, and will have some visuals created to help support the
      presentation. Everyone I've talked to about this think the
      presentations will be much more exciting if we could get a reenactor
      in uniform to perform the presentation.

      I don't believe young people are getting enough exposure to the
      important events and landmarks relating to this, the forgotten war,
      from home or school. Providing this information to young people can
      make a big difference in their ability to carry these important
      events, which helped define our national heritage, on to the next
      generation.

      If you can not help but think someone you know can please forward this
      message to them, or send me their contact info.

      Many Thanks In Advance,

      Phil Larson
      philipalarson@...
      410.336.6149 (cell)