Re: website illustration: Tecumseh, by Binette

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2011
      I can't help but notice that the artist has chosen to show Tecumseh wearing what is presumably supposed to be a British general's uniform coat.

      It would be interesting to compile a list of all the myths about Tecumseh that are still floating around. A lot of them are identified in Sugden's biography. It would be a neat bicentennial project to try and correct many of the inaccuracies in the general public's ideas of who Tecumseh was and what exactly he accomplished.

      If that is too much to hope for, a more modest goal might be to try and ensure that the existing prevalent inaccuracies will at least not be spread even further at 1812 events in the next few years...

      Jim Yaworsky
      41st