Re: 1812 hero Chief Tecumseh & General Brock get own stamp

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2011
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

      > Interesting that the writer of the article on a stamp for Tecumseth - and long past time! - apparently copuldn't come up with a single illustration of the Shawnee leader and so garnished the story with a portrait of Isaac Brock instead.

      My understanding is that there is no portrait of Tecumseh extant that the experts agree might be accurate...

      Just to show some of the imaginative artistic interpretations of Tecumseh over the past decades, the website of the list will feature a display of assorted depictions over the coming weeks...

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator