'War of 1812' production at Stratford in 2012.

  • ucmilitiagreen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2011
      I received the preview book advertising all of the productions going on at Stratford [Ontario, Canada] next season and there's one that may be of interest to the group, even if it looks a little... odd:

      http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/OnStage/productions.aspx?id=16147&prodid=41254
    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2011
        This from the series of Farce plays called "the village of small huts"
        and while entertaining... don't expect to be illuminated or to receive
        any good history. I think the folks at the festival realized at the
        last moment that they hadn't put anything together for the
        Bicentennial and chose the only recent play with "War of 1812" in the
        title. It isn't even on a stage but rather being presented in an annex.
        This is the same season that they are presenting "You're a Good Man
        Charlie Brown" and " MacHomer".

        I think they should have just staged their production of Henry V this
        year in 1812 war costume.

        Just sayin...

        On 18-Dec-11, at 1:00 AM, ucmilitiagreen wrote:

        > I received the preview book advertising all of the productions going
        > on at Stratford [Ontario, Canada] next season and there's one that
        > may be of interest to the group, even if it looks a little... odd:
        >
        > http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/OnStage/productions.aspx?id=16147&prodid=41254

      • Joseph
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2011
          Speaking of War of 1812 plays, the Dominion Repertory Theatre of Fort Erie is putting on "The Lion and the Eagle" at the Old Fort Erie Welcome Center on January 7, 14, 21 and 28 at 8pm and on January 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 6pm. The play takes place on Christmas 1811 at Moody's Tavern and deals with events in the Niagara region that led up to the war. There is a cast of tens, including General Brock and John Norton.