Re: 1812 Re: Stoney Creek

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 15 11:49 PM
      Which I now find that others have mentioned before me... Hmmm.

      On 16-Dec-11, at 1:54 AM, Craig Williams wrote:

      > There were archeological surveys done everywhere they were working.
      > And they did find some interesting stuff... of which I've probably
      > said too much all ready!
      >

      > Craig
      > On 14-Dec-11, at 11:59 PM, westhouse03 wrote:
      >
      >> Hmmm. After all those years of NOT being able to DIG a firepit and
      >> they go and REALLY DIG UP the ground? Hmmmm.
      >>
      >> :)
      >>
      >> Dave.
      >>
      >> Stoney Creek
      >>
      >> NEWSFLASH
      >>
      >> The Battle of Stoney Creek.
      >> If you haven't been near the site of Battlefield House recently...
      >> The implementation of the landscaping plan that threatened the normal
      >> camping layout of Stoney Creek last year, but didn't occur after all,
      >> is now a reality this year. The grounds have been dug up and
      >> readjusted/reassigned enough that all camps (save one) will be in a
      >> different place this year.
      >> I am informing the community now so that you have time to get used to
      >> the idea and everyone is ready to make adjustments as we are all
      >> likely on the move to different parts of the site this year.
      >>
      >> Stay tuned for details as they become available.
      >>
      >> Craig

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > War of 1812 Living History:
      > A wide-ranging information exchange
      > for all participants and supporters

      > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      > American Forces Unit Listing
      > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
      >
      > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
      > 2010Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13, 2015
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams