Re: 1812 Re: Stoney Creek

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 15, 2011
      There were archeological surveys done everywhere they were working.
      And they did find some interesting stuff... of which I've probably
      said too much all ready!

      Craig
      On 14-Dec-11, at 11:59 PM, westhouse03 wrote:

      > Hmmm. After all those years of NOT being able to DIG a firepit and
      > they go and REALLY DIG UP the ground? Hmmmm.
      >
      > :)
      >
      > Dave.
      >
      > Stoney Creek
      >
      > NEWSFLASH
      >
      > The Battle of Stoney Creek.
      > If you haven't been near the site of Battlefield House recently...
      > The implementation of the landscaping plan that threatened the normal
      > camping layout of Stoney Creek last year, but didn't occur after all,
      > is now a reality this year. The grounds have been dug up and
      > readjusted/reassigned enough that all camps (save one) will be in a
      > different place this year.
      > I am informing the community now so that you have time to get used to
      > the idea and everyone is ready to make adjustments as we are all
      > likely on the move to different parts of the site this year.
      >
      > Stay tuned for details as they become available.
      >
      > Craig

    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams