Re: 1813 US Army Coatee Workshop in Winchester VA with Steve Abolt, July 2012

  • secondvaregt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2011
      Here are details from the web page:

      Date: July 21-22, 2012

      Instructor: Steve Abolt, Allegheny Arsenal

      Class Size: 15 students

      Cost: $385; No extra charge for couples working on same garment
      Includes:
      Introductory lecture
      Two days hands-on instruction
      Coatee kit
      Handouts with documentation and instructions

      Meals: Complimentary continental breakfast each morning

      In 1813, uniform regulations were published which stated: "The coat of the infantry and artillery shall be uniformly blue. No red collar and cuffs, and no laceĀ…The button holes of these will be trimmed with tape on the collar only." This formalized changes that had already largely taken place and would set the standard for an all blue uniform coat for the United States Army for over two decades. Learn to make the 1813 infantry coatee in time for the War of 1812 Bicentennial. Kits will be included in the cost of the workshop, cut from Kochan-Phillips military textiles in your choice of infantry, artillery, or musicians coat.

      Download a registration form by going to:

      http://historyhandson.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/historyhandson2012workshopreg.pdf

      If you have any more questions, contact me at historyhandson@...

      Best regards,
      Todd Post