Re: Comprehensive List of 2012 Events

  • jbwhittaker
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
      With regards to the events list. I was under the impression that the usual 1812 events ie. Longwoods, Stoney Creek etc were going to be on hiatus so to speak for the bi-centennial years. They would only be held on the corresponding 2012 - 2015 dates. Am I mistaken in that belief? Just curious.
      Thanks,
      Bruce Whittaker
      Georgina, Ontario

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

      Dave
    • westhouse03
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
        Longwoods will not run in 2013 as Fort Meigs will be moving weekends. The bicentennial of course does not really start until June 18 so Longwoods, Stoney and Meigs are all before that in 2012. After that the latter two took place in 1813 so will be in full glory in 2013. As for other events I do not know. Many, like Stoney, are regular events and will take place as usual each year. Some, like Fort George May 2013 will be one offs. Some, like Fanshawe, will take a back seat for some years to other more notable events.

        I would say that the schedule will be slightly different each year for the next three.

        The events I have listed so far are confirmed and if they change they are updates asap.

        Dave.

        Re: Comprehensive List of 2012 Events

        With regards to the events list. I was under the impression that the usual 1812 events ie. Longwoods, Stoney Creek etc were going to be on hiatus so to speak for the bi-centennial years. They would only be held on the corresponding 2012 - 2015 dates. Am I mistaken in that belief? Just curious.
        Thanks,
        Bruce Whittaker
        Georgina, Ontario

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

        http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

        Dave
      • Soo
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2011
          Re the Battle of Ogdensburg.

          Ogdensburg is February 18 & 19 NOT the 25/26.
          Better be! I can't be in 2 places at once. :o

          Sue Too

          > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html
          >
          > Dave

        • westhouse03