Comprehensive List of 2012 Events

  • nactorman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
      Does anyone know where I can access a comprehensive list of 1812 period events for 2012? Thanks.
      Charles
    • Iain Burns
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
        Charles, Try the links at the bottom of this email...
        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        From: nactorman@...
        Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:40:56 +0000
        Subject: 1812 Comprehensive List of 2012 Events

        Does anyone know where I can access a comprehensive list of 1812 period events for 2012? Thanks.

        Charles

      • westhouse03
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
          http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

          Dave

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "nactorman" <nactorman@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know where I can access a comprehensive list of 1812 period events for 2012? Thanks.
          > Charles

        • jbwhittaker
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
            With regards to the events list. I was under the impression that the usual 1812 events ie. Longwoods, Stoney Creek etc were going to be on hiatus so to speak for the bi-centennial years. They would only be held on the corresponding 2012 - 2015 dates. Am I mistaken in that belief? Just curious.
            Thanks,
            Bruce Whittaker
            Georgina, Ontario

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
              Longwoods will not run in 2013 as Fort Meigs will be moving weekends. The bicentennial of course does not really start until June 18 so Longwoods, Stoney and Meigs are all before that in 2012. After that the latter two took place in 1813 so will be in full glory in 2013. As for other events I do not know. Many, like Stoney, are regular events and will take place as usual each year. Some, like Fort George May 2013 will be one offs. Some, like Fanshawe, will take a back seat for some years to other more notable events.

              I would say that the schedule will be slightly different each year for the next three.

              The events I have listed so far are confirmed and if they change they are updates asap.

              Dave.

              Re: Comprehensive List of 2012 Events

              With regards to the events list. I was under the impression that the usual 1812 events ie. Longwoods, Stoney Creek etc were going to be on hiatus so to speak for the bi-centennial years. They would only be held on the corresponding 2012 - 2015 dates. Am I mistaken in that belief? Just curious.
              Thanks,
              Bruce Whittaker
              Georgina, Ontario

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

              http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html

              Dave
            • Soo
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2011
                Re the Battle of Ogdensburg.

                Ogdensburg is February 18 & 19 NOT the 25/26.
                Better be! I can't be in 2 places at once. :o

                Sue Too

                > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html
                >
                > Dave

              • westhouse03