Fort Meigs Holiday Open house December 11th 1-4 pm

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2011
      Holiday Open House

      at

      Fort Meigs

      PERRYBURG, Ohio- Looking for a fun holiday outing with the family? Experience shopping, food, music and more at the Fort Meigs Holiday Open House on Sunday December 11th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Join us in our decorated visitor center for a family friendly event filled with lots of activities for everyone.

      Re-enactors portraying soldiers and civilians from the War of 1812-era will provide musket demonstrations and discuss camp life during the winter. Kids can try their hands at several activities and help decorate cookies. A favorite activity for kids of all ages in playing miniature war-gaming, and our war gaming experts will recreate a table-top battle from yesteryear.

      Don't forget to browse our museum store for unique gifts while you listen to the sounds of holiday music by the Back Porch Dulcimers. There will be several local artisans with unique items for sale. Items for purchase include hand-made purses, jewelry, pillows, baskets, pottery, and more. There is something for everyone at our Holiday Open House. Come enjoy the fun!

      Activities begin at 1:00 p.m. Admission to the event is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and youth, and children five and under are free.

      Fort Meigs, the largest reconstructed, wooden-walled fort in the country, is located one mile west of downtown Perrysburg on W. River Road (S.R. 65). For more information on this event or all of the other events at this National Historic Landmark, visit us on-line at www.fortmeigs.org or call 800-283-8916.