Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering --thank you!

  • Sioux
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2011
      Thank you so much to everyone who came out yesterday and helped make the 12th Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering a wonderful day for all! The event was very well attended, and it was delightful to see so many of you there -- I even got a chance to get out and chat with folks!

      I was so very proud of the variety and quantity of merchandise offered for sale by our merchant corps. Well done, folks -- you keep raising that bar, bit by bit.

      Special thanks to dedicated volunteers Peg Kellins, Peter Monahan, Susan Ramsay, Cynthia Thiessen, and Paul Watson for all of your help -- we absolutely could not have done it without you!

      The lovely new venue at Royal Botanical Gardens seemed to work well all around, and we're certainly going to try to stay there in years to come. Of interest to any botanists and gardeners in the crowd: the RBG has replanted a significant area with plants and shrubs that would have been indigenous to the area during the time of the Battle of Burlington Heights, and they haven other Bicentennial-related activities in the works for the next three years.

      All the best,
      -- Sioux