Re: 1812 New member saying hello

  • Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2011
      Welcome Jim
      Looking forward to seeing you in the Chesapeake area, also. Any thoughts on which uniform you will put on? Since I have marches with you in earlier Wars, it will be a pleasure to be on the field with you, once again.

      Bob Boynton, RNBF
      Kannapolis, NC

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2011
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group. Your screen name should be like red meat to Ed Seufert, who runs a company of Royal Marines down your way, but if you ever feel the need to make an honest man of yourself, shoot me an email... we have Redcoats in the same area...

        Aye,
        Iain Burns
        1st Royal Scots, Centre Coy (War of 1812),
        42nd Royal Highland Reg't (Napoleonic)
        http://www.the-black-watch-lha.org/1815/<http://www.the-black-watch-lha.org/1815/>
        7th Bn, The Black Watch (1939-45)
        http://www.the-black-watch-lha.org<http://www.the-black-watch-lha.org/>

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
          Thanks for all the kind hellos. I have been twisting on kit for a while now, and still am. Ed is an old friend (not that he is old) from my F&I days waaaaay back when. :-) Obviously I do Marines in Rev War. That is a great impression for our region for 1812 (and Rev War too). Still thinking though, and have a few others in my unit that are waiting on my decision.

          In looking at the 1812 schedule for next year, a lot of the dates are right up against Rev War events, and I bet a few are up against the big 150th Civil War stuff as well. Why does everything in history have to happen on the same dates? :-)

          We kicked around the ideas of doing Royal Marines (makes sense given our unit history), 4th Regt of Foot, and even Royal Navy. Right now I am leaning toward the later, but, given the date conflicts for next year, there is no rush to decide - yet. :-)

          Looking forward to seeing you all, in one period or the other.

          Best wishes,

          Jim McGaughey

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc" <bob@...> wrote:

          > Welcome Jim
          > Looking forward to seeing you in the Chesapeake area, also. Any thoughts on which uniform you will put on? [snip]
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
            Iain,

            You're lucky I don't get these messages in my email account anymore!
            Make an honest man........Jeez!

            Jim and I do go back a long way and my resources and advice are his to have. And we have had several soul-searching conversations.

            Cheers,

            Ed Seufert
            1812 Royal Marines