Re: stretched too thin? appropriate commemorations

  • Brett
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2011
      Don't worry Phil, the comments in the article do not speak for the reenacting community as a whole. We already do large events where nothing at all happened (ie. Fanshawe), so the fact that you had a skirmish puts you ahead of the game. Besides, depending on turnout, your event may be among the most accurate based on numbers of troops involved.

      Most of us, are pleased as punch that many new or smaller events are popping up for the bicentennial. As reenactors it gives us a chance to ply our trade on new battlegrounds, which after more than 20 years in this hobby, is a very welcome thing. We can introduce what we do to a much larger portion of the public.

      With the busy schedule, and our own lives interfering, each soldier and each unit will be making their own choices as to which events they will be attending. I think you will find that most of the choices will be based mostly on their own availability. In the case of a conflict between events, I would put my vote on the event with the greatest historical significance, nothing more.

      Two cents from the rank and file,
      Brett Howe
      49th RoF