1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!

  • lenthecooper
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 3 8:21 AM
      According to the pole we're down to 490. Robert, at what point will the publisher think about reprinting or putting it on the open market?
      Len (who ordered his yesterday.)

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage" <dis.general@...> wrote:

      > Too funny. I have a running beat with the publisher he will sell out by the end of December. If so, he owes me a drink.
      >
      > Either way he will be attending the War of 1812 symposium along with Rene Chartrand. Bring your copy if you would like Rene to sign it.
      >
      > Back in July we were enjoying a bottle of wine and he signed my copy of US Uniforms book thus:
      >
      > "Before I die, to Robert, I leave all my debts and children, being sound of mind and being a "Three Bottle man" I dedicate this book....in Gatineau under the influence of wine this day of July 2011, René"
      >
      > Thanks to everyone,
      >
      > Robert
      >

      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 498, actually!
      > >
      > > Peter Monahan
      > > petemonahan@
      > > 705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

    • peter monahan
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 3 10:28 AM
        Len the Cooper wrote "According to the pole we're down to 490."

        "Pole" or "poll"? hee hee

        Peter Monahan
        petemonahan@...
        705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

        > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        > From: lheidebrecht@...
        > Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:21:46 +0000
        > Subject: 1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!
        >
        > According to the pole [snip]
      • Colin
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 3 11:10 AM
          Not sure what the tally is at? Make that 489 I think.

          This book looks like it will be an invaluable resource to our hobby.

          Colin

          Colin Pinn