1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!

  • militaryheritage
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
      Too funny. I have a running beat with the publisher he will sell out by the end of December. If so, he owes me a drink.

      Either way he will be attending the War of 1812 symposium along with Rene Chartrand. Bring your copy if you would like Rene to sign it.

      Back in July we were enjoying a bottle of wine and he signed my copy of US Uniforms book thus:

      "Before I die, to Robert, I leave all my debts and children, being sound of mind and being a "Three Bottle man" I dedicate this book....in Gatineau under the influence of wine this day of July 2011, René"

      Thanks to everyone,

      Robert

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

      > 498, actually!
      >
      > Peter Monahan
      > petemonahan@...
      > 705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

    • Diane Williams
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
        494

        ~~Diane

        >________________________________

      • lenthecooper
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
          According to the pole we're down to 490. Robert, at what point will the publisher think about reprinting or putting it on the open market?
          Len (who ordered his yesterday.)

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage" <dis.general@...> wrote:

          > Too funny. I have a running beat with the publisher he will sell out by the end of December. If so, he owes me a drink.
          >
          > Either way he will be attending the War of 1812 symposium along with Rene Chartrand. Bring your copy if you would like Rene to sign it.
          >
          > Back in July we were enjoying a bottle of wine and he signed my copy of US Uniforms book thus:
          >
          > "Before I die, to Robert, I leave all my debts and children, being sound of mind and being a "Three Bottle man" I dedicate this book....in Gatineau under the influence of wine this day of July 2011, René"
          >
          > Thanks to everyone,
          >
          > Robert
          >

          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > 498, actually!
          > >
          > > Peter Monahan
          > > petemonahan@
          > > 705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

        • peter monahan
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
            Len the Cooper wrote "According to the pole we're down to 490."

            "Pole" or "poll"? hee hee

            Peter Monahan
            petemonahan@...
            705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

            > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            > From: lheidebrecht@...
            > Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:21:46 +0000
            > Subject: 1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!
            >
            > According to the pole [snip]
          • Colin
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
              Not sure what the tally is at? Make that 489 I think.

              This book looks like it will be an invaluable resource to our hobby.

              Colin

              Colin Pinn