RE: 1812 Interesting bit of info.

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
      In the pension list that came out (1874 I think?) they broke it down by the
      age of applicants. There was 2 that were 74 years old. So they would have
      been 12 -15 during the War. So not at all common for Canada, who had set a
      minimum age and a maximum age in the Militia act.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
        The last widow of a Confederate soldier from the US Civil War died in ... 2004!
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Martin

        Does anyone know when the last widow of a veteran of the War of 1812 died?

        John Matthew IV