Call for Papers! War of 1812 Bicentennial Symposium - Feb 25, 2012, Guelph

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      We would like to invite interested parties to consider speaking at the upcoming War of 1812 Bicentennial Symposium to be held at the University of Guelph on February 25, 2012.

      There are opportunities to speak during one of our "half sessions"

      In this room, two speakers will share a session time.

      The purpose is to allow our targeted audience a wide spectrum of topics and speakers as well as giving as many speakers as possible an opportunity to share their interests, knowledge and passion!

      The talk should fall within and support one of our topic themes:

      Military History associated with the War of 1812
      Social History associated with the War of 1812
      Material Culture related to the War of 1812 (artifacts, archaeology)
      Bringing the history of the War of 1812 to Life

      Interested speakers can email Tom Fournier at tom4141fournier@...

      tom4141fournier(at)yahoo.ca (in case above email does not come through Yahoo filters)

      Please provide the following:

      Topic Title:

      Brief Description of Talk:

      Symposium Theme that Talk Supports:

      Talk should be 15 minutes in duration with an additional 5 minutes for Q&A

      Session room will feature a moderator/host who will ensure that the time limits are strictly observed. This is out of consideration for our guests and other participants. We want to ensure that sessions run on time and within time and no one is rushed.

      Session room will be set up with computer and projector. If there are to be slides or supporting images, we request that PowerPoint be utilized or slides be converted to a PDF slides.

      The organizing committee will review all submissions and choose the topics that best complement the symposium

      We regret that we may not be able to accommodate all interested speakers.

      Yours truly,

      Tom Fournier

      War of 1812 Bicentennial Symposium