Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
      Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!

      Tom

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage" <dis.general@...> wrote:

      > So there are only 500 copies.
      >

      > http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm

    • Andrew Bateman
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
        Make that 498!

        Andrew B.

        On 11/1/2011 6:18 PM, tom4141fournier wrote:
        > Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage"<dis.general@...> wrote:
        >> So there are only 500 copies.
        >>
        >> http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm
      • Craig Williams
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
          497

          CW
          On 1-Nov-11, at 7:42 PM, Andrew Bateman wrote:

          > Make that 498!
          >
          > Andrew B.
          >
          > On 11/1/2011 6:18 PM, tom4141fournier wrote:
          > > Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!
          > >
          > > Tom
          > >
          > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com,
          > "militaryheritage"<dis.general@...> wrote:
          > >> So there are only 500 copies.
          > >>
          > >> http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm

        • peter monahan
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
            498, actually!

            Peter Monahan
            petemonahan@...
            705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell
          • petemonahan
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
              496 :7)
            • militaryheritage
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                Too funny. I have a running beat with the publisher he will sell out by the end of December. If so, he owes me a drink.

                Either way he will be attending the War of 1812 symposium along with Rene Chartrand. Bring your copy if you would like Rene to sign it.

                Back in July we were enjoying a bottle of wine and he signed my copy of US Uniforms book thus:

                "Before I die, to Robert, I leave all my debts and children, being sound of mind and being a "Three Bottle man" I dedicate this book....in Gatineau under the influence of wine this day of July 2011, René"

                Thanks to everyone,

                Robert

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

                > 498, actually!
                >
                > Peter Monahan
                > petemonahan@...
                > 705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

              • Mark Dickerson
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                  495

                  Mark D

                • Diane Williams
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                    494

                    ~~Diane

                    >________________________________

                  • lenthecooper
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                      According to the pole we're down to 490. Robert, at what point will the publisher think about reprinting or putting it on the open market?
                      Len (who ordered his yesterday.)

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                        Len the Cooper wrote "According to the pole we're down to 490."

                        "Pole" or "poll"? hee hee

                        Peter Monahan
                        petemonahan@...
                        705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

                        > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: lheidebrecht@...
                        > Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:21:46 +0000
                        > Subject: 1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!
                        >
                        > According to the pole [snip]
                      • Colin
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                          Not sure what the tally is at? Make that 489 I think.

                          This book looks like it will be an invaluable resource to our hobby.

                          Colin

                          Colin Pinn