Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!

  • militaryheritage
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      Quick message to say Rene Chartrand's British Uniform book is in and it is great. Unfortunately the publisher did not listen to me when I said to print many. So there are only 500 copies.

      I promised Rene I would promote it when it was in print. However I don't think it will take long to sell out.

      I have put up a page for the book that includes several images, along with the contents.

      http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm

      Rene will be at the War of 1812 Symposium (living history conference) to share additional information that had to be cut from the book because of space reason. When I had dinner with Rene on Friday night, he told me that he could have written three volumes!

      Your friend,

      Robert

      Robert Henderson
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
        Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!

        Tom

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage" <dis.general@...> wrote:

        > So there are only 500 copies.
        >

        > http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm

      • Andrew Bateman
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
          Make that 498!

          Andrew B.

          On 11/1/2011 6:18 PM, tom4141fournier wrote:
          > Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!
          >
          > Tom
          >
          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "militaryheritage"<dis.general@...> wrote:
          >> So there are only 500 copies.
          >>
          >> http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm
        • Craig Williams
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
            497

            CW
            On 1-Nov-11, at 7:42 PM, Andrew Bateman wrote:

            > Make that 498!
            >
            > Andrew B.
            >
            > On 11/1/2011 6:18 PM, tom4141fournier wrote:
            > > Make that 499! Been waiting for this for a long time!!!
            > >
            > > Tom
            > >
            > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com,
            > "militaryheritage"<dis.general@...> wrote:
            > >> So there are only 500 copies.
            > >>
            > >> http://www.warof1812.ca/Brituniformsbook.htm

          • peter monahan
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
              498, actually!

              Peter Monahan
              petemonahan@...
              705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell
            • petemonahan
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2011
                496 :7)
              • militaryheritage
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                  Too funny. I have a running beat with the publisher he will sell out by the end of December. If so, he owes me a drink.

                  Either way he will be attending the War of 1812 symposium along with Rene Chartrand. Bring your copy if you would like Rene to sign it.

                  Back in July we were enjoying a bottle of wine and he signed my copy of US Uniforms book thus:

                  "Before I die, to Robert, I leave all my debts and children, being sound of mind and being a "Three Bottle man" I dedicate this book....in Gatineau under the influence of wine this day of July 2011, René"

                  Thanks to everyone,

                  Robert

                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

                  > 498, actually!
                  >
                  > Peter Monahan
                  > petemonahan@...
                  > 705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

                • Mark Dickerson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                    495

                    Mark D

                  • Diane Williams
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
                      494

                      ~~Diane

                      >________________________________

                    • lenthecooper
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                        According to the pole we're down to 490. Robert, at what point will the publisher think about reprinting or putting it on the open market?
                        Len (who ordered his yesterday.)

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                          Len the Cooper wrote "According to the pole we're down to 490."

                          "Pole" or "poll"? hee hee

                          Peter Monahan
                          petemonahan@...
                          705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

                          > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
                          > From: lheidebrecht@...
                          > Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:21:46 +0000
                          > Subject: 1812 Re: Rene Chartrand's British Uniform Book is in!!!!
                          >
                          > According to the pole [snip]
                        • Colin
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 3, 2011
                            Not sure what the tally is at? Make that 489 I think.

                            This book looks like it will be an invaluable resource to our hobby.

                            Colin

                            Colin Pinn