RE: 1812 Re: Provincial Light Dragoons (Coleman's Troop) new unit

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 28, 2011
      Yes, it is my error in reporting.. The decision was made to do Coleman's
      Troop, CLD but I initially reported the unit as PLD..

      Good questions re kit. It is "assumed" they endeavoured to emulate the 19th
      as being a "proper" unit so that is the direction headed, evidence to the
      contrary notwithstanding.

      But, being a local unit, and on campaign, there were likely many
      discrepancies.

      As always, I appreciate any gentle corrections.

      "Trooper" Tom

      _____

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Ray Hobbs
      RE: 1812 Re: Provincial Light Dragoons (Coleman's Troop) new unit

      <snip>

      The Canadian Light Dragoons and the Provincial Light Dragoons are distinct
      units..

      Ray H