Grand Tactical 2011 - Fanshawe Village

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2011
      Hello one and all,

      Next weekend is the 2011 War of 1812 Grand Tactical in London, Ontario hosted by Fanshawe Pioneer Village.

      Full schedule and details on the event are available on their website at;
      http://www.fanshawepioneervillage.ca/1812

      A few additional details are being offered at this time.

      Registration is taking place in the Tea Room which is on the east side of Tecumseh field, where all the main camps will be. Just turn right inside the village gate (follow the signs) and you will be there.
      A map will display where all the different groups will be located. We are expecting a full field. There will be an education day in progress on Friday, if you arrive then, so please be patient while you are waiting to enter.

      Dinner will be served out of the Jury barn at 5:30pm. Please bring your own plates.

      Coffee will be available each morning at the Tea Room (hmm, should be called the coffee room then) and breakfast will be available at the village cafe from 7:00am until 8:45am both days. Breakfast is is Scrambled Eggs,Bacon, Toast, Muffins, Fruit and coffee and juice on the Saturday and
      on Sunday it is Pancakes, Sausage, Toast, Muffins, Fruit and coffee and juice. It is $7.00 per person, and $3.50 for kids under the age of 12.

      A great range of period merchants will be on site to provide a weekend full of glorious fall shopping. The merchants will be within the village proper arrayed around the village square. Please take the time and offer them your patronage. Without them we couldn't do what we do.

      Morning officer's call has moved to the Tea Room and will start at 8:30am. We ask that one rep from each unit come and provide your numbers. Naval units and artillery will need to move out right away followed by Infantry units, with the U.S. leading. All out and in position by 10:00 am. Unit commanders please ensure that your members have plenty of extra rounds and extra flints and cleaning rags. An ammo dump will be organized for each side to resupply in the field.

      There will be a film crew on site filming a few scenes for an educational DVD and will be filming us at various points for specific scene requirements. Further details will be communicated about this on site. A photo/videographer will also be in period attire to document the event for our enjoyment.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone. Safe travels, see you next weekend.

      Dave Westhouse.