Re: Dunvegan event

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
      Didn't notice the date posted in the piece Sue forwarded; the event is September 24 - 25, 2011.

      I have heard nothing but compliments about last year's first-time re-enactment at Glengarry Pioneer Village. The hospitality was first rate; the few problems were dealt with directly. I think the organizers have got their act together.

      She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and I will be there, but Saturday only, to see for ourselves.

      Contrary to popular belief, Dunvegan is not in the middle of nowhere.

      Michael Whittaker
    • Soo
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        Contrary to popular belief, Dunvegan is not in the middle of nowhere.

        No, it's not Mike - but it's close! lol
        For those of you who plan to attend, be prepared to provision yourself. There is no handy pub or restaurant within walking distance. There is food available on site during the day however.

        Saturday evening, we plan on having a pot luck supper. Apple pie (baked by the same lady across the street who felt so sorry for the "lonely soldiers" last year)will be the dessert supplied by the museum staff and volunteers. Make sure you register so that we know how many pies to have on hand!
        Even if you are only day tripping, plan on bring a contribution to the supper and stay to socialize.

        Oh yes! Beau's Brewery will be manning the tap room of the historic Star Inn once again. ;-)

        There will be a church parade Sunday morning. Hopefully, not too many will be "under the weather"! The village is _very_ supportive of this event. A great chance to meet and mingle with the neighbours, and the minister is going to do an old-fashioned service.
        It will be in English! Until the 1930's, the main service at this church was in Gaelic.

        If anyone has any other scenarios that they wish to present, please let the organizers know.

        Sue Too