RE: 1812 worth traveling for......and Bicentenial

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2011
      The 2 biggest that I can think of are Ft Erie and Mississinewa. However, I
      am sure that Ft George will be big as well. When the GT was down at
      Jefferson Patterson, that was a very memorable event.

      The Battle of the Thames is set for October 4, 5 and 6th in 2013. We are
      trying to work with other events so as not to step on anybody's toes. If
      you make it to the Thames, expect to trek for a few kilometers along the
      Thames and have a column of mounted Kentuckians on the field.

      Mark Dickerson

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 22, 2011
        The Bladensburg event, in Prince Frederick, Maryland a few years ago, was a very nice affair and a first rate site.

        Beau
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 22, 2011
          Beau,

          I believe you're referring to the Grand tactical in 2008 at Jefferson Patterson Park in southern Maryland. On saturday, we re-enacted the Battle of Bladensburg and on Sunday, North Point and the Battle of Baltimore (minus rockets red glare).

          Jeff-Patt will celebrate the 200th in June of 2914 with recreatons of the Battles of St Leaonard's Creek.

          Cheers,
          Ed Seufert

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, gary beauregard <beau@...> wrote:

          > The Bladensburg event, in Prince Frederick, Maryland a few years ago, was a very nice affair and a first rate site.
          >
          > Beau

        • MasterAtArms
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 23, 2011
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <rmarine1812@...> wrote:
            > Jeff-Patt will celebrate the 200th in June of 2914 with recreatons of the Battles of St Leaonard's Creek.

            Ed:

            I'm really not sure any of us want to wait 900 years to attend....

            LMAO,
            Dale
          • gary beauregard
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 23, 2011
              I volunteer to go into "stasis", until then. I'm not all that crazy about the time period, that I'm in right now.

              Beau

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25, 2011
                Dale,

                I don't get WarOf1812 messages any more. For some reason, Yahoo has decided not to send them to me via email. And its been that way since October.

                So I only get to read these when I sign into Yahoo.

                I must have been thinking of the future; you know, you can never plan enough.......

                Cheers,
                Ed