Looking for Redcoats for Flames Through Lewiston, Dec. 17

  • historic.lewiston
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2011
      Greetings from Historic Lewiston, NY! (about 6 miles south of Ft. Niagara)

      We are looking for a few British redcoat reenactors who may be interested in participating in this year's Flames Through Lewiston event, scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 at 6:30pm.

      Last year was our first year and we had over 2000 enthusiastic spectators and over 40 volunteer citizen reenactors who ran down the street, some in their bare feet!

      We block our main street to traffic and will put 10 large fires down the middle of the street, symbolizing the burning of Lewiston by the British in 1813, in retribution for the Americans burning Newark 10 days earlier. We will also have British natives chasing people down the street, only to be stopped by Tuscarora natives who were on the American side and delayed the attack long enough to enable people to escape.

      This is a spectacular and educational event and well received by the public. All those in period costumes will be treated to dinner at the Brickyard Restaurant. We need about 4-5 British redcoats and if you have muskets, all the better.

      You can contact me directly. Look forward to hearing from you.

      Lee Simonson, Volunteer
      Director, Historic Lewiston 1812 Bicentennial
      716-754-8414
      lee@...

      You can some pictures from last year's Flames event here:
      http://www.pbase.com/decarr/flames_through_lewiston