Militia Act

  • mikedeajansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2011
      Does anyone know where I could get a full copy of the 1793 Militia Act and Brock's changes to it?

      Cheers!
      Mike Jansen
    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2011
        Mike:The Act and its several revisions, can be found in the LIbrary and Archives Canada, Ottawa.I would suggest that you look not only at Brock's revisions (which emphasized the Flank Companies), but also at later General Orders which specified uniforms. For example, the General Order, issued in November 1811 states:
        "...a perfect uniformity [is] to be observed in each corps with respect to fur caps and each article of dress"
        Something yet to be seen at our events. :-}
        RegardsRay

        Subject: 1812 Militia Act