RE: 1812 Loyalist Days, Prescott, Ontario

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
      This event is active. If anybody was around in the early 1990’s they may remember it from those days. It is a great site and situated with Ft Wellington. There are quite a few events planned including fireworks and a night time movie on a 40’ screen at the fort. The organizers are really trying to get this event going again. I agree that there may be a few growing pains associated with a “new/old” event but I am sure it will be well worth the effort to go.

      A few of the Royal Scots, light company are planning on making the trip to Prescott. I believe General Twist is also planning on attending.

      The website is easy to find.

      I think, and may be wrong, that the 1812 events page lists only those events that the organizers have contacted Mr. Westhouse to confirm their activity.

      Mark Dickerson

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
        Here is the site to register and get details of event for Prescott Loyalist days on Aug 19-21, 2011.

        Breakfasts (2) and Sat. stew dinner.and all other good things like wood,straw,water etc.camping on shore of St. Lawrence River at Fort Wellington.

        Pls register on line.
        www.prescottloyalistdays.ca

        Oldtime Loyalist days participant
        1984-1993
        Bob Irvine

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11, 2011
          First I heard of it was at Crysler's.

          For the past few years, it was an "invitation only" Loyalist event. Strange that with all the 1812 funding being handed out at present, that it's suddenly an 1812 event - again.

          Sue Too