Loyalist Days, Prescott, Ontario

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
      Will there be more than one unit attending? The schedule lists a parade of all units and cavalry. This revivified event has been pretty thin on the ground, especially when compared to its glory days.

      Michael Whittaker
    • Andrew Flint
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
        Speaking for myself, I only heard about this event a couple days ago via an unrelated conversation. Further, when I brought it up to others, it was clearly news to them as well. One was sure that it wasn't happening because "it's not on the list" - that being the de facto register of 1812 events, managed by the Royal Scots:

        http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id21.html

        Sent from my iPhone +1.289.242.3837

        On 2011-08-10, at 8:37 AM, "whittakermp" <whittakermp@...> wrote:

        > Will there be more than one unit attending? The schedule lists a parade of all units and cavalry. This revivified event has been pretty thin on the ground, especially when compared to its glory days.
        >
        > Michael Whittaker

      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
          This event is active. If anybody was around in the early 1990’s they may remember it from those days. It is a great site and situated with Ft Wellington. There are quite a few events planned including fireworks and a night time movie on a 40’ screen at the fort. The organizers are really trying to get this event going again. I agree that there may be a few growing pains associated with a “new/old” event but I am sure it will be well worth the effort to go.

          A few of the Royal Scots, light company are planning on making the trip to Prescott. I believe General Twist is also planning on attending.

          The website is easy to find.

          I think, and may be wrong, that the 1812 events page lists only those events that the organizers have contacted Mr. Westhouse to confirm their activity.

          Mark Dickerson

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
            Here is the site to register and get details of event for Prescott Loyalist days on Aug 19-21, 2011.

            Breakfasts (2) and Sat. stew dinner.and all other good things like wood,straw,water etc.camping on shore of St. Lawrence River at Fort Wellington.

            Pls register on line.
            www.prescottloyalistdays.ca

            Oldtime Loyalist days participant
            1984-1993
            Bob Irvine

              For the past few years, it was an "invitation only" Loyalist event. Strange that with all the 1812 funding being handed out at present, that it's suddenly an 1812 event - again.

              Sue Too