Re: Fort Erie

  • Neebs
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 9, 2011
      I definitely second this sentiment.

      Though other members of Aisquith's Sharp Shooters (AKA the 1st Baltimore Sharp Shooters) have been to the Fort Erie event, the four of us present this weekend have not. It is an amazing event and certainly lived up to what I have heard about it in the past.

      The visual effects of the pyrotechnics and of the "fog of war" (especially Saturday night) were beautiful, and I'm hoping the pictures I took come out well, but alas, I don't think they'l do them justice.

      Many thanks to all, especially those of you who take care of Fort Erie itself (it is in good hands), and those of you who led us this weekend, as I was quite impressed with the leadership and once again amazed by the kindness reenactors who don't know one another still show each other.

      Thanks again,
      Amanda Nebel, 1st Sergeant of Aisquith's Sharp Shooters
      AKA "That Rifle Girl", as nicknamed by one of the officers this weekend ;)

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@...> wrote:

      > WOW!
      >
      > And thanks
      >
      > Love what you did with the place ...congratulations
      >
      > Tom Fournier, Captain
      > 41st Regiment

    • Craig Williams
      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 15, 2012
        Sorry to be this tardy with my congratulations.

        I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some folks for their
        efforts this past weekend. First of all, the NPC Staff in general and
        the Fort Erie staff specifically, thank you for your hospitality and
        congratulations on a great event!
        To the men (and women) of the Crown Forces line... HUZZAH! You people
        are always amazing. There was a moment when we had brought the regular/
        grenadier wing down the field in line when I had an opportunity to
        look back at them advancing and I couldn't speak for a moment. You
        dazzled me.
        To our gallant foe well done and thank you and thank you to Martin for
        stepping up to command the U.S. line! Well done sir,
        It was also great to see Mr. Harris back out in blue doing his thing!
        Glad you're back John.(how are the knees this week?)
        I hope that Rob makes a speedy recovery.
        On that note I hope that our other friends injured this weekend
        through various misadventures get well soon too!

        Oh and thank you Travis Hill of the Fort staff ,who is also a
        formidable professional lacrosse player. He gave me a gift this
        weekend that I have no idea how I'm ever going to repay. Way cool Trav!

        As always, I have the honor to remain
        Your most humble servant,

        Craig Williams