Siege of Fort Erie 2011

  • a10rca
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 11:42 AM
      On behalf of the staff and volunteers of the Niagara Parks Historic Sites, thank you for for your hard work, distances travelled and your patience with our new facilities. We are compiling our list of changes for the future based on your comments.

      Doug, Sioux and Richard did great work laying out camps for the growing numbers of participants. Peter and Rob did the same for battles, with larger and larger units on the field.

      Personally, my highlight was the playing of the lament on Saturday Night by Drummer Dennison. I belive it was the most meaningful part of the weekend and based on the crowd reaction, I was not alone in that opinion.

      To our American friends who put up with border hassles and random overzealous Canadians - a big thank you. To our award winners, congratulations. To those who immediately broke camp after the awards, congratulations, and some day we will have a Siege that does not involve buckets of rain.

      See you next year on August 11th and 12th, 2012 (That's right, it's almost here!!!!) for the 26th Annual Siege of Fort Erie Event. We hope you will also consider October 13th and 14th for the 200th of the Battle of Queenston Heights.

      Thank you again.
      Jim Hill
    • daniel schroth
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8 11:56 AM
        Dan Schroth of Schroth's New York Company US Infantry the 25th. Many thanks for a fine event. Everything involved was great. Your love of history is very evident.  It was worth the trip in all ways. We are looking forward to next year!
        Dan Schroth

        --- On Mon, 8/8/11, a10rca <jhill@...> wrote:

        On behalf of the staff and volunteers of the Niagara Parks Historic Sites, thank you for for your hard work, [very big snip]

        [UNNECESSARY REPEATED TEXT REMOVED BY MODERATOR]