RE: 1812 Parks Canada Relocate 200 Year-Old Gunboat

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011
      Thank you for the explanation. It answers my question completely.Ray H

      [snip]
      In my humble opinion-Parks Canada have finally seen the light

      The gunboat will now rest in a military historic setting--Fort Wellington in Prescott- a gunboat station of 1812 ,[big snip]

      [SURPLUS MATERIAL FROM PRIOR MESSAGES EDITED OUT BY MODERATOR]
    • whittakermp
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011
        Re: In my humble opinion-Parks Canada have finally seen the light

        I can only agree with Bob! Mallorytown Landing is not what it was; not saying it is worse, just different. The gunboat was out of sight and out of mind and sitting like a carp out of water.

        Fort Wellington is the best place to preserve and interpret the relic.

        Michael Whittaker