Gananoque event

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2011
      Here is information sent to me on the Gananoque event.

      Dave.

      Hello to One and All,

      Here is an update on the Gananoque, Ontario '1812 Militia Training Weekend' being held in the Town Park August 20 & 21, 2010. Set-up can begin anytime Friday the 19th.

      Once again the camping site will be in the middle of town on mowed lawns, facilities will be available (flush & portable toilets, potable water, firewood), fire-bases will be supplied for those who do not have braziers as the digging of fire-pits is not permitted in the Town Park, security will be on-site from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights and many restaurants will be available if you do not wish to cook.

      This year IMUC (the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada) has agreed to instruct all the townspeople regarding the defence of the town from the marauding Americans, a children's muster is planned and we anticipate having two bateaux and a canoe or two with which to ply the Gananoque River above the dam so bateaux races are again possible as well as defence against the potential attack of river pirates.

      The military camp will be to the east of the Town Hall and the civilian camp just to the north along the driveway.

      As you all know, the more the merrier, so if you have time in your schedule please consider this weekend as a relaxing get-together, not a high-pressure event. Come as civilians or as military personnel. All are welcome and are encouraged to take part in the 'militia training'.

      From the response I have had at events so far this season, we will have the best turn-out in some years! I look forward to seeing you all.

      If you know of someone I may have forgotten, please forward this to them. I have attached a registration sheet which you can mail or e-mail back to me.

      If there are any questions do not hesitate to call or e-mail.

      Sharon

      Sharon `the seamstress' Miller

      phone - 613-924-6090
      e-mail - Sharon at stoneandpine.ca