Honour Our War of 1812 Heroes!

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2011
      http://www.warof1812.ca/heroes/index_e.htm

      It was mentioned on the weekend that not all email services support the link that auto populates the email.

      If it helps, copy the below into an email:

      Dear Minister MacKay,
      I am writing to voice my support for recognizing the War of 1812 as part of the heritage of the Canadian Forces by:

      1. officially permitting units of the Armed Forces to perpetuate those Canadian units which fought during that war; and
      2. award well-earned and deserved Battle Honours to modern units that perpetuate 1812 units.

      Considering both the United States and the United Kingdom have already honoured their heroes in this fashion only underlines the need for Canada to redress its neglect of our soldiers who fought in that conflict.

      The email address to use is: dnd_mdn@...

      Also send the same to your local MP!

      Thanks

      Tom

      Our 1812 heroes deserve to be honoured in this way and I hope you will see the upcoming Bicentennial as an opportunity to voice your support for including the triumphs and sacrifices of Canadians in the War of 1812 as part of the historic building blocks of the modern Canadian Forces.

      Yours truly,

      Your name.
      Your Postal Code or City,Province