Re: 1812 OT: Lightning strike injures 5 Gettysburg reenactors, 3 hospitalized; 3 tents damaged

  • gary beauregard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2011
      Very interesting, thank you. Something to think about, since some of us set up our tentage under large trees. Remember to bring your "Faraday cage", to the next event.

      Beau

      --- On Sun, 7/3/11, 12th US Infantry <12thinfantry@...> wrote:

      GETTYSBURG, Pa. — A lightning strike at a camp of Civil War reenactors in Gettysburg, Pa., has sent five people to hospitals.

      EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE SURPLUS VERBIAGE
    • secondvaregt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
        More details are out and it turns out one of the victims was pregnant:

        http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_18415686

        Cheers,
        Todd

        EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE SURPLUS VERBIAGE FROM PRIOR MESSAGE(S)