Re: Grand Tactical

  • queenstongreentiger
    Message 1 of 108 , Jul 2, 2011
      Dave,
      More information on the "Flight of the Royal George" Event being held on the June 29, 30, July 1st weekend, 2012 can be found on our website at www.flightoftheroyalgeorge.ca or they can contact me directly at canadianfencible@....
      We would be thrilled to have you join us and promise a fun and exciting weekend.
      Cheers
      Dave Smith
      Event Coordinator

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

      > Take a look at the Events calendar for the bicentennial years at;
      > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id12.html
      >
      > ...those events which are celebrating their anniversary year are specially marked, to indicate what Mark has said below.
      >
      > Dave Westhouse.
      >
      > 2 events in 2012;
      > flight of the Royal George,
      > Battle of Queenston Heights
      >

      > Re: 1812 Grand Tactical
      >
      > I believe that the general consensus among most of the re-enactment groups is that the "Grand Tactical" designation for events during the bicentennial years of 2012-2015 would be cancelled. The reasoning behind this was to provide support to those sites that will be hosting events on the actual 200th anniversary of the original battle and not to promote one site over another during the bicentennial. The "Grand Tactical' designation would
      > start up again in 2016.
      >
      > So in 2012, expect to attend Queenston , anything going on at River Canard,Detroit, Lacolle Mill or Michilimackinac. I suspect Queenston will be the biggest. There won't be a lot of firing at Detroit or Michilimackinac.
      >
      > However, others may be more enlightened on this information than I am.
      >
      > Mark Dickerson

    • roy winders
      Message 108 of 108 , Oct 3, 2011
        On behalf of the British Indian Dept. I would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all
        the volunteers and staff of Fanshawe village for all their hard work.
        Thanks to the commanders on both ends of the field for keeping things running smoothly.
        Thanks to Andre and the crew of the Nancy for allowing us the chance to dance, and last
        but not least, my boys, who dance very well.
        p.s. would someone please return our cannon?
        Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.