2012 War of 1812 Symposium, Ogdensburg

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      With an eye to the future.

      The fourth annual War of 1812 Symposium will be Saturday, April 28, 2012. Ogdensburg (for the very, very few who may be historically challenged) is across the St. Lawrence River from Prescott, Ontario.

      At this year's symposium participants were asked to rate their preferences on a list of knowledgeable speakers. Many of our 2012 speakers will be drawn from the list.

      Planning has begun, but we just wound up our annual Living History Day for students from a number of St. Lawrence County school districts, and we are in a full-court press toward Founder's Day Weekend July 23-24, our annual French and Indian War re-enactment and colonial trade fair. So it will be August before we really get to work for next year's symposium.

      I look forward to the Living History Confernece in Guelph.

      Cheers,
      Michael Whittaker
      Fort La Présentation Association